Tuesday, October 23, 2007

On being a Grandma....

It's been so long since I've been here, but it's only because I've been so busy!

I became a grandma on 10/19, at 4:45 am, and have not been the same since! I never could have imagined how much this child could have changed my thoughts, my habits, my ideas.

My daughter is a great mom...nursing...trying to do everything the best she can do. I'm so proud of the way she went through labor, keeping the faith and allowing her body to react and respond the way it was meant to. Even the midwife said that she did an amazing job! YAY!!

It shows in her daughter now...she's often totally aware of everything going on around her. She's alert, trys so hard to "talk" by making little gurgle sounds deep in her throat, and if she's awake she's constantly moving her arms around....she'll talk with her hands (hmmm...no idea where she gets THAT from ; } )

Ryan's doing a great job as dad....and I know that he'll grow into the job as she grows too. : )

Mark is a great grandpa...holding her tenderly, loving on her as often as he can. It will be hard for us to leave in a few days.

For now, we'll continue to enjoy her, them, seeing them become a family. I'm sure that they will change after we leave....allowing them to really bond with each other without us hovering over their every move (or her every sound).

I can hardly wait to see them all again, to see how much they have grown, and how they all have changed....

For now, I'll savor these special days....making memories to last a lifetime...