Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mean LOL's (YOU know what they are...)

In light of our recent chat (Jami), I loved the first few verses of our Proverb for today:
1 Unfriendly people care only about themselves; they lash out at common sense.
2 Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.
3 Doing wrong leads to disgrace, and scandalous behavior brings contempt.
Doesn't that fit in with my dealings with those Mean LOL's??? Even in dealing with loving those that hate/are indifferent/ignore/gossip about/etc in small towns....this makes so much sense (and still makes me sooooo sad!). sigh.

14 The human spirit can endure a sick body, but who can bear a crushed spirit? (I often wonder this!)

24 There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
I'm so GLAD I have a handful of REAL FRIENDS....not just friends who are "real", but who are willing to be REAL with me....and who I can be REAL with....GENUINE....that's a better word.

Thank you Jesus, for my genuine friends, really. :)

In Galatians:
7 Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
I get this....but what about a workaholic?? is that overboard? Do I need to be more patient and "let them" work with enthusiasm?? This distresses me a bit....a current thorn in my side....

18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. (love this)

OH, and the "spiritual armor" stuff has always been a needed favorite in my life....just recently I was at the site for Good Characters ( http://goodcharacters.com/evangelists/armor.html ) and saw this "Armor" T-shirt.....very cool. We gave J/J the "love" t's years ago, and I love the new "truth" t too....it is on my "wish list" :) Give lots of business there if you buy stuff on line....good, loving, Christian, FRIENDLY, people. Not too many of those in the world!

ok....thundering again.....time to shut it down (and do the cake, the popcorn, then???pictures?...I'm all out of sinc here.....).

LOVE!!
marina