Monday, March 26, 2012

Crazy....Busy....and a Book Club from BLOOM...

That's how life's been lately. OK, but definitely CRAZY!!

Having our daughter, son-in-law and 4 grandkids living with us has been wonderful, but not without challenges of sick kids (2 admitted in the hospital last week - all ok now!), toddler-esque fits, and crying baby syndrome (where one kid gets all the other kids crying).

It's also being filled with wonderful memories that make ME cry, like having one granddaughter tell me that she "loves me so much, and thank you for sharing your house with me!" or to hear my youngest granddaughter call EVERYONE  "Grandma" (because she finally learned how to say it), or to see my just-turned-3 months old grandson crack me a smile when he sees me. I will never grow weary of that.

SO, needless to say, there's not been much blogging going on here. I hope that's ok with you. Instead, I've been taking walks with the kids, pointing out fauna and flora (especially since spring is in FULL bloom here), and teaching them what it means to be a good neighbor (not walking across someone's lawn to smell their flowers) and also a little bit of "stranger danger" rules.

BUT, I am attempting to do an online book club through "Bloom" which is one of the outreach ministries of (in)courage. We are doing Holley Gerth's book "You're Already Amazing" - which is a book that I think EVERY woman should read (whether they think they "need" it or not!). It's really THAT good!

So, I thought, to "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" I would post my book club entry here too....it will force me to get into this site a little more (the book club meets THREE DAYS a week!!). Admittedly, it's easier for me to read than it is for me to write at the end of a LONG day....

BLOOM Book Club
Chapters 1 & 2

Hahahaaa.....ok. I *won* the book, wanting it of course, but not thinking it was "for me" at all...thinking I wanted to read it to see how we could use it in our Women's Ministry, how I could recommend it to the young mom's that I co-lead at church, to refer it to others for THEM to read....well....hahahaaa....the jokes on me!!

I've been reading it for a few weeks now, and didn't think that I'd want to *DO* the book...I'd just "read" it. Oh Holley. Goodness gracious girl. Straight to my heart.

I LOVED the skills/strengths "tool" - (yeah, not to be a big project...lol). BUT my MOST favorite parts of this first section (Chapters 1&2) was where you say that whole thing on "Most People Don't" and also the bit on "You're God's IS Girl" (I actually re-read that title several times, thinking it was a typo!! It took me reading in to the chapter to realize what you meant by that....I'm glad that I did! I will use that lesson over and over with my "girls".  <3

I'm not only referring others to this book, and think I'll lead a group for it next fall, but I think that it should be essential for every woman to read. No. Matter. Who. You. Are. If it doesn't apply to you today, it may tomorrow. And if not YOU, then you'll be able to bless someone else with what insight you've gained. Like Holley mentions in the book, our circumstances and seasons in life will constantly be changing. Amen!
 
Holley, better start a "girls edition" to use with Jr/Sr High age girls!! This would be a GREAT lesson for them to learn early on!! Can you imagine how powerful the next generation of women/wives/moms will be? Not powerful because of anyone or anything, besides the freedom to be who God created them to be!! AMAZING!!

On the technical side, I agree with the earlier post - sound quality needs to improve. I had my speakers turned up all the way and really had to pay close attention.

And Holley, where was your cuppa tea?? And you don't have to go hidin' your drawl for all of us....you can let a "y'all" slip every now and again to remind us you're a Southerner... :)