Wednesday, August 22, 2012

In response to Crystal's post on Allume...

At Allume.com on 8/21 Crystal wrote about "Handing Over Control" (original post is HERE) - and in response to her post, I wrote this:


Great, timely article Crystal!

In my 28 years of marriage, I've been physically moved, on average, every 3 years! Even when we had nearly free company housing! Even when my husband worked for the same company for 18 years!

Now we are in the midst of another season of move! Same company, new job title, farther away from grandkids and a wonderful church family where He placed me in a cocoon of friends, fellowship, and ministry. I had work to do here! It's not finished, but He's moving us anyways; proving His will by selling our home in less than a month. Finding us purchasing a new one, new neighbors, new church, new routine... I have NO idea what I will do! No one has said "we've prayed for 2 years for someone like you to come and fill this space...". I feel lost!

Just as the change here was new, God confirmed in many ways that it was His will. This time it's new clues to His confirming approval. I don't know what lies ahead, but I trust Him with the future. With MY future. My life is for Him to use anyways, so I'd better stay flexible!

Thanks for the good reminder that HE IS in control!