Friday, December 28, 2012

Returning to the Blog...

I last wrote after Thanksgiving, and here it is now, almost New Years'.

I could write, "I wonder where the time went..." - but I know. I KNOW. I remember most days, sleepless nights, busy moments.

I thought I'd be flying to Pittsburgh to visit with my oldest daughter/SIL and kids, helping them move and get ready for grandbaby #5 to arrive; but I ended up driving to Louisville, meeting SIL there at my other daughter's house, and bringing back the other 4 grands back here to Fayetteville. For 2 + weeks we played, prayed, and pounced around here. I think we went to the ChicFilA at least 4 times, and the McD's at least that many times. It was just too cold to play outside too much, and there was too much energy to keep bound inside the home.

Baby brother arrived safely. Mom and dad are settled into the new house and getting used to too much quiet. The grands are at the "other grandparents house" and I'm sure having a great time. We've had company since before they left, and tonight is the first night we're sitting in the quiet of our house. We have a college student staying with us for the break, but she's working tonight, so it's really quiet.

Really.
Quiet.

So, I thought I'd pick up the laptop and blog again, putting my thoughts down in black and white. Thinking of the New Year that sits around the corner.....what will my ONE WORD be... how will God change me through all of it?

And there is SO much getting ready to launch -

  • a new office for my work with Global Outfitters, praying, planning and preparing for the ways God will use me to equip those that love and care for our workers on the field. 
  • a new class for me to take, Master Gardener, through the Washington County Extension office; 40 hours in January in learning soils and plants and everything else that goes along with it.
  • a new idea for a book (probably ebook) with prayers appreciated!!
  • a new plan for eating and health as I have had to make some changes with my meds, and have a new doctor looking for answers to why I've had chronic hives for 5 years.
AND, there is so much stuff going on that's my normal - 
  • continuing to work with Team Expansion and helping Mobilize workers as God sends them around the world.
  • continuing to blog/social media with (in)courage communities (an online women's ministry from DaySpring, a division of Hallmark) reaching out to empty nesters who have lived through difficult situations.
  • continuing to encourage missionaries around the world, and praying for their needs.
  • continuing to be a wife to Mark, and growing in our marriage and relationship.
  • continuing to pray for my kids, in-laws/future DIL, and those amazing grandkids.
  • continuing to seek after God's heart, allowing Him to change, make and mold me to be the best woman that He can make me!
So, join me on this journey and pray along with me! 
Happy New Year!!