Friday, January 11, 2013

Five Minute Friday - DIVE!

This week the topic is DIVE over at Lisa-Jo Baker's Five Minute Friday.  

5-minute-friday-1.jpg

Like she says:

"So, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.." 

Here's MY best on "DIVE"- 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-GO-

I think of the greasy spoons of my youth, places, holes in a wall restaurants that my dad would call a "dive" but they'd have the BEST of something...BEST patty melts, BEST french dip sandwiches...BEST SOMETHING!

But now I think of "DIVING IN" to something! This word of my year - BRAVE - and how it's PUSHED me to DIVE in to things I wouldn't normally do - or not do without hmmmming and hawwwwing until the last minute - or agree to after a great amount of prayer, then be SCARED TO DEATH to move forward on it, especially on my own. 

Lately this BRAVE spirit He has put in my (by complete Holy Spirit forcee) has been doing something strange. It's FREEing me. Often I almost imagine it's what it's like to free fall, to take that DIVE without hesitation, without looking ahead, behind, beside - to see what's going to happen. who will jump with me. has someone gone before me. I just GO. DIVE in, without hesitation.

All week I was in DIVE mode. Using my BRAVE spirit to do NEW things. Without looking around. Asking for prayer, trusting someone was, and DIVE - boom! there I was! and HE used me! (stop)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you'll join in over at Lisa-Jo's page and give your best 5 minutes on "DIVE" too!!