Friday, March 29, 2013

Blog, and a book review on "Invisible" by Ginny L. Yttrup

Life still is super-busy, but so good. I see God at work in me, growing me, and developing gifts for His glory. I'm looking forward to seeing how He brings all these things into fruition; what the outcomes will be in the areas I'm praying, where He will send people and how I might encourage them.

This coming month is incredibly busy. I've got a class to take on Missionary Care (and help facilitate), my Song of Solomon study that is finishing up with the women's group at church (love those young ladies!), a Women's Retreat to attend, facilitate a "Bridges" study (building friendships with Muslims), and the (in)RL Conference I'm facilitating. On top of these "special" things, I'm still working PT/Temp with DaySpring (social media) and getting things going with Missionary Care through Global Outfitters!

Oh, and did I mention that our son is getting married in June? It's about time for us to get the details going on "our part" of the plans...the rehearsal dinner, tux/suit fitting, details for the wedding cake (I'm making it!). All good stuff! Very exciting too!

So, when my house emptied of family/company last week, and Mark hit the road, I took advantage to hit the book pile! I had received a copy of "Invisible" by Ginny L. Yttrup, through Handlebar Publishing, to read and review (something I enjoy doing from time to time). I had not read any of her books before, and frankly, I generally don't spend much time reading fiction, but I thought I needed a little break from "normal" and wanted to be entertained during my short break.





I was not disappointed! Ms. Yttrup did a great job of captivating my attention on page one! Her quick character development and story lines held my attention and made it an easy read. Each character lifeline was distinct, and I never got them confused, and the way their lives intertwined was realistic and refreshing. They were people I would have enjoyed meeting, would have had fun interacting with in this lovely setting.

I found the information dispersed throughout the story line wonderful, learning about cooking, nutrition, diets, eating disorders, and mental health. There was just enough romance to make this all come together in an encouraging way, and not once was I embarrassed by the words used to describe feeling or actions in the circumstances displayed.

I really enjoyed the diversity of the characters too, which made it seem like this could all happen in real life. The issues and problems they all faced, and the open, authentic way they shared each others burdens gave a real sense of community.

Overall, the book was a delight, and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a little break from day to day life. "Invisible" was a delightfully easy read!



* although I received the complementary copy of the book, I was in no other way compensated for my review. This book is due to be released on April 1, 2013, and I will link my review on Amazon.com