Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Jewel of a Resource (new to me!)

I've always been a fan of Stormie Omartian, and LOVED her books "The Power of a Praying Wife" and "The Power of a Praying Husband". I still refer them to newlyweds (and soon to be newlyweds, or even to singles that WANT to be married, to pray the prayers over their yet unknown spouse). 

The other day...well, maybe a week or more ago, I was at the DaySpring Outlet Store in Siloam Springs, AR (off of 412, just west of the Walmart in the shopping center...turn at the light like you're going into Walmart, but then turn LEFT into the other shopping center - only open M-F).

I go there a few times a month, to spend my paycheck  to look for items that may have been returned, or to check out the monthly sales specials, or buy something I actually NEED; which was my goal on that particular day. I needed graduation cards. And wedding cards. And I thought I'd get a DayBrightener for an acquaintance that is suffering from chronic pain issues, and depression.

As I looked around, I was looking at the DayBrighteners in their display, and remembered that the women's minister at New Heights always gives Stormie Omartian's "The Power of a Praying Parent" to new parents. It's her thing. It's what she ALWAYS gives. So I thought I'd look to see if there were any on the shelf for her (I have bought them, and she just reimburses me, because she's not ever been here before!). Well, there were none to be found today, but there was one called "Prayers for Emotional Wholeness," also by Stormie, and it caught my eye. 



I didn't have a lot of time to go through it, but I trust her prayers; I've prayed them for many years! I've met her, and heard her speak at Crossroads Christian Church as a part of the Fresh Ground Faith tour. I may not be a groupie, but I'm a HUGE fan of her work, her words, and the way God's used her testimony of healing her brokenness. He made beautiful things from the ashes of her life, and forgiveness rings true in her life. If I could be discipled/mentored by any one woman, I'd pick her. 

So I thought this would be a great gift for my acquaintance, and got one for her...but I haven't seen her to give it to her. :(  So it's been on my desk, waiting to take the ride to her house since I got it. 

And as I was working on my FB posting for DaySpring yesterday, I was sort of stuck in a rut - and wanted to break out; so remembering I was recently told that there are thousands of DayBrighteners that I could use as posts, I picked up that perpetual calendar and just read what it said for that day:


May 29

Lord, deliver me from the hands of the enemy. Help me be set free
from anything and anyone who would try to harm me in any way. 
I thank You that You are my protector adn the liberator of my soul. 
If ever I am tempted to step out from under the covering of 
Your protection, deliver me from that temptation, too. 
Thank You for restoring me to complete wholeness. 

The Lord shall help them and deliver them; 
He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, 
because they trust in Him.  
Psalm 37:40

It struck straight to my heart. I've been praying (ok, and a little bit worrying) about the upcoming wedding. It's a lot of stress, and quite frankly - it all scares me - all those unknowns of how people will get along, react, respond. I know that walking through this wedding and the preparations was going to move me out of my comfort zone, and God was going to have to grow me in new ways; grow my FAITH in new ways too!! 

I truly believe that this calendar was something God wanted me to have in my hands for ME to put to use. It's very comforting, very freeing! Today's prayer read:


May 30

Lord, You are my Savior and deliverer. Set me free from my fears
and replace them with new faith. Liberate me from memories that  
serve no good in my life. Replace them with memories of Your
goodness to me. Help me learn to praise and worship You for all
that You are to me. Help me to remember to thank You often
every day for all that You are doing in my life.

Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me;
O Lord, make haste to help me!
Psalm 40:13


I am going to have to order one for me (or for my friend) and I think get a few more to have on hand for friends when they face crisis and need emotional healing. I can think of 4 friends off the top of my head that I will get one for. :) 

You can order them online here at the DaySpring.com site.  Browse around too - and check out their other items and sales (the sales are GREAT!!) and check out the Heart Connection Card Club if you send a lot of cards to people (the savings are great...and sign up for the card club before ordering anything online from the store, because you get a discount on your orders from DaySpring.com!!). 

Well, I hope you are blessed, and that the prayers inspired by Stormie help guide us all deeper in our relationship and trust of Jesus Christ as our Lord. I'm all about new growth, and need it so much - especially in the emotional healing areas of my life!! :) 

How about you? Is there a favorite tool, book, author, that inspires you to new growth in the hard and scarred areas of your life? I'd love to hear about what's worked for you!!