Thursday, June 27, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Prompt - "In Between"

Sigh. It's late and I want to do this FMF post with Lisa-Jo Baker and her gang. Five minutes (flat) of writing. No track backs, corrections, just writing frenzy and free. 

You can read the rules here.


START

I'm stuck IN BETWEEN two thoughts, ideas, blogs and seemingly worlds. It can be so confusing sometimes. Yet in my mind, when I think deep in prayer, it's crystal clear. 

I still dream of being in church in Indiana, at Crossroads in Newburgh. My dreams take me there about every other night. Good dreams. Joyful times. It feels like home. I own it. I've invested there, and they've mutually invested in me. It's a great relationship. 

But now, now I live 10 hours and 3 states away and don't have a place (church) to hang my hat. We thought we did, but as great a church it is, it was very much not a place to stay. It was like the shoes I wore to my son's wedding last week - pretty and the right size and matched well what I was wearing...but boy, were they uncomfortable! It just wasn't the right fit for us to grow and stay in.

It was the difference between becoming a member of the church or finding a family. We could serve there, but we didn't find relationships. At all. 

So, I'm in between churches, in between web sites (still debating what to do there) and in between books - reading one and trying to write the other - one takes time away from the other

STOP

WELL, I didn't mean for that to be so...pitiful?? Sad?? Oh well, it's what came to mind when I heard "in between" as the *word* for this week. And in actuality, when I THINK of Crossroads, living in KY and going to church across the river in IN, it makes me happy. REALLY. I'm grateful for life-long friendships that will travel with me, no matter where God calls us to live, work, serve. 

Sleep well...in between the sheets...  hehe...couldn't resist! :)