Sunday, June 30, 2013

Today

Today, a cool front has passed through, and it's actually cool outside. I've opened windows and am preparing to go pull grass and weeds from the flowers. (This is not a chore to me, it's a relaxing, prayerful, meditative thing I do while listening to worship music or in quiet - listening for His voice.) I may need to start with a sweatshirt over my strappy sundress, there's a lot of clouds covering the deep blue I saw last night on my walk. 

Last night's sunset.
Last night was tough...the first alone again after so many spent with a house full of laughter, little feet, and love. It was hard for me to remember what my "normal" was...nearly 3 weeks of company in and out, and Mark home for much of it. Now it's back to Abbey and I - and that's ok. Mark will be in and out this week, and for that I'm grateful. July will be busy for both of us and I know that we'll have to sneak away moments to treasure. I've got to work on keeping that romance alive!! ;) 

I've also got to continue working to put this house back together...I was able to complete about 1/3 of it yesterday; beds stripped and re-made, bathroom cleaned, dusting and vacuuming. I hope to get another 1/3 done today, and the last of it completed later this week. It has turned into a mini-spring cleaning, going through clothes closets and re-organizing things. It feels really good to get it done!

Between all this, and around it, I'm working on my blog, with my DaySpring work, and on *wHim* - Women Helping In Missions/Missionary Care. I had said that July 1 would be my day to reopen my manuscript, and as it looms before me I feel great anticipation to get to work on it, but am VERY prayerful that I will be writing what needs to be said, and not just writing for the sake of writing. I'm blessed to have a few friends offer to help with editing, and I will take them up on it. Although it's not going to be *for sale* online, it will be available for free - and I hope that folks will open it and read it and USE it!! I pray it will be a blessing to those that feel God's prompt to get involved (or start) a Missionary Care Team in their church, and ultimately that it ripples around the world in blessing our Missionaries (or Global Workers, as some churches call them). I want it to be a work of excellence - not just thrown together, and I pray that it will be a blessing to the body of Christ. An offering to God. 

Today I opened my email and found a great message in the (in)courage Sunday Scripture. You can view it here. Such a good reminder that we ARE called to live in freedom. I was impressed on by God that this is not a political freedom, but a spiritual one. I'm constantly enslaving myself to sin; through worry, opinions, believing Satan's lies.. oh I could go on! I need to WALK and LIVE and BREATHE the freedom that I have through Jesus Christ! Amen?? 

For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. 
But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature.
Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.
For the whole law can be summed up in this one command:
“Love your neighbor as yourself.”


I pray that YOUR TODAY is filled with that FREEDOM too. No matter where you are, cling to the freedom found in Jesus. Choose to walk with Him, through whatever situation enslaves you - claim His freedom!!