Friday, July 5, 2013

5 Minute Friday - Beautiful (and inspired by the Bloom Book Club blog today!)

Ok - you probably know the ritual already around here...Friday's are brought to you by Lisa-Jo Baker, who wants us to be inspired and challenged to write for 5 minutes flat on a given topic. All the details are HERE, but it boils down to this:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing.
2. Link back to Lisa-Jo's site and invite others to join in.
3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard.



So today I read the blog over at Bloom Book Club (a lovely little side group from (in)courage, where we ARE reading books and chatting about them online!) and that blog was SO inspiring, so I'm all caught up in that post too...so I'm sorry if my writing is not un-inspired. 



With that confession, I'll START:

I'm just the glue that brought them together, but today I'll make myself my simple beautiful to meet up with these TRULY BEAUTIFUL ladies. One is my age, one is much younger, and I think it's simply a heart for missions that brought us together in the first place. ISN'T THAT BEAUTIFUL. 

And to make it sweeter - the young one - she is VERY PREGNANT and truly BEAUTIFUL! And the one my age, she is training to become a midwife -and started her training on the mission field. learning in Africa. And her life is BEAUTIFUL, and full, all training for a triathalon to do with her sister and living in our area for this season...a gift from God.

So on BLOOM - they spoke of the NON-BOOK CLUB, and I thought - how perfect! THIS is what we need to be...but the truth is, we talk about books, and life in other lands, and I secretly drool hearing their stories of language lessons and different cultures and trying to think outside the box on how to bring the Gospel to old places with the love of Jesus and relevancy of today. 

STOP

Oh, I want to go on writing. My fingers were not moving fast enough today!! My computer kept on jumping around and I couldn't get my thoughts out clearly in speed!! But I'll end it here. Perhaps I'll bring my fingertips back to this spot for a follow up entry of these BEAUTIFUL women. Maybe a photo. :) 

In reality, I think I could write 20 POSTS on this topic - each taking a different spin. Hmm. I think I'll have to make a jar with one word inspiring topics to use for motivation in the future...not a bad idea. For those days I know I need to write on my blog, but can't come up with a cohesive word to focus on.... a project for another day. 

Now - off to meet those BEAUTIFUL women!!