Thursday, July 18, 2013

5 Minute Friday - Belong

You can find all the rules for 5 Minute Friday over at Lisa-Jo Baker's website. She's one of America's newest citizens!! YAY!! So while she's out celebrating, she's got Ann Voskamp filling in at her place! :) Another favorite! Oh, to have had these younger mom's and social media back in my mommy-ing days. Wow. What a difference it would have made! Thanks God for them being here now, for the moms that have need now...

It's Five Minute Friday - well, if you're on the East Coast - LOL. Here it's still in the 11ish hour. And We're tired. But I know that tomorrow will be busy, and I wanted to put SOMETHING on my blog, because, well, I haven't done anything of substance here in a while. It's been busy. Catching up after a great week in KY. Catching up in marriage after Mark was gone and working 22 days straight - most of them 4 hours away - so we got away. And catching up on work that sat on my desk while we went canoeing TWICE in the past few days. :)  

So I'm writing. Because, well, I'm a writer. And I guess I'm a photographer too. :) I'm getting photo credits at work now! YAY. That means that I get to put my name on the photos that I contribute to MeetMeInTheMeadow.com - Roy Lessin's blog (that I post his words on several times a week). Secretly I want to go back and do all the photos that I did since I started in March 2013...but that's ok...I'll start with tomorrows', and take it from there. DaySpring is someplace I feel like I BELONG.... but that's not my 5 minutes of writing (this is actually writing AFTER my 5 for 5 Minute Friday). THOSE 5 minutes are here: 

START

I don't belong here. I don't have a hard time thinking about it, accepting it. It's true. It's not my home. It's a nice place, in a nice neighborhood, in a nice area... but it's not me. Not at all. 

We haven't found a church yet. We thought we did, but it wasn't us. We thought we belonged there, but it wasn't to be so. And that's ok, but the timing stunk... we had the decision to leave at the same time that his job went bonkers...and we haven't found a place yet. Then the wedding, the company, and a conferrence.... you name it and it happened...and we still haven't found a church to call home. 

But it doesn't really matter...the house, the church, the whole day to day life here - because I KNOW WHERE I DO BELONG! 

AND THAT'S where I hang my heart. 

Heaven.

I can't wait. Not in a "i'm going to take my own life" way of longing, but a "I'm going to do all I can" to get there way. It's not a works thing, it's a tell every tribe, tongue and nation thing. I want to help people to know Jesus, and help people who tell people about Jesus stay where He's led them to be longer. Where they BELONG. And in the end, we will all be where we truly belong, and we'll fit right in, side by side, worshiping Jesus and His Father... 

STOP