Thursday, December 26, 2013

Oh Goodness!... and a prayer to bless my husband on his birthday...



I used to be so good at keeping my blog going on track, and then distractions came up - like kids' schedules and traveling and were no big deal to handle. But this, THIS... my goodness... I've been very bad. I'm so sorry. Life is happening and my personal blog (here) has been on the back burner. That's one of my major challenges in this coming near future! Scheduling and writing and sharing more what God is teaching me (because there is SO much!) and it's important to keep it in written form... even if just ONE of you read it, ONE of you are encouraged by it, ONE of you will be inspired to write, or paint, or take to your knees and pray...

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday! I'm SO blessed to be married to him! It's not always easy, but it's always worth it, and the hard work pays off. We will celebrate our 30th anniversary soon, and get away next month for an early celebration with friends. But tomorrow is the day I thank God for him, for his birth, the gifted way God created him and equipped him to be my husband! Will you join me?? 

Father I thank you for Mark, and for giving him life and sustaining him through so many difficulties in his life. Thank You for proving yourself to him, so that he turned to You and chose to follow You and bring YOU glory in this life You've given him. Thank You for equipping him to be a husband and a father, and now a father in law and a grandfather! Thank You for filling him daily with what he needs to be my husband, my friend, my encourager and help-mate. Thank You for giving me what I need to be his wife, to encourage and assist him too! Please bless the work of his hands, the way he is a "missionary in a chicken plant" and the way he shines Your light there. Also give him what he needs to be healthy and content in the life you've called us to live. Help him to always seek You, to love YOU most of all, to trust Your ways. 

Thank You Lord, for bringing him into my life when You did!! Please continue to renew our love for each other, as we seek You in all ways...

Amen...