Friday, August 1, 2014

The Declare Conference :)

A whole year has passed since I wrote this post! I'm preparing again to return to the Declare Conference - and can not wait!!

Where has that year gone on my blog?? You can find that missing year HERE, but be sure to come back to subscribe here at this site, since this is the only blog that will be updated!

Grace and peace,
Marina
..............................................................



Next week I'm super blessed to get to go to the Declare Conference in Dallas, TX. It's my second year to go, and it's one of the BEST conferences I went to last year! Although there was a blog/writer emphasis, it wasn't OVERTLY focused on that... the main sessions felt like a Christian retreat, and it was extremely missional (or at least, that's what I walked away with).

So this year, before all of us blogging/writing women move in to Dallas at the end of the week, Declare has set up a link-up for us, so we can get to know each other better! This is what they've asked us to do:

Before we meet face to face, let’s have a little fun getting to know one another! Since this is the 4TH year of Declare, let’s share a 4×4 of 4 THINGS! 
  • 4 THINGS ABOUT ME
  • 4 OF MY ENDEARING QUIRKS
  • 4 THINGS ABOUT MY BLOG & WRITING
  • 4 OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

This is me:

Things about me: 
     I've been married 30 years to the same man, and we move every 3-5 years (except the past 5 years, we're in the middle of our 4th move now!) He's had long-term jobs, but transfers and promotions have moved us state to state... one time we lived 18 years in the same zip code and still moved often due to company housing options!
     I have 3 grown, married kids (and 6 grands on the ground, 2 more due by the end of the year!)
     I'm passionate about women in missions, and missionary care!
     Ask me about my HIStory! God has done amazing things! 

Endearing quirks:
     I get quiet in a crowd, despite being a people person.
     I am a "Highly Sensitive Person." (enough said)
     If you ask me to pray for something, I'm going to pray right then...
     I don't like sports, and am completely non-competitive. I think it's because I don't like competition in general, or arguing... (which is a TOTAL God-changed-my-heart thing!)

Things about my blog/writing:
     I've always been a writer... hopeless romantic and poetry and doodling on paper as a kid, more daily life journaling and devotional as an adult on a blog.
     I started blogging before I knew the word "blogging"! I had a yahoo group back in the late 90's, and switched to blogger in the early 2000's... it was just writing... seeking community when we lived out in the country near a really small town in the middle of nowhere...and it was literally AT my kitchen table (hence the name, Marina's Kitchen Table... but I'm launching MarinaBromley.com this week - recently removed from online and changed to marinajbromley.wordpress.com ) I will also launch TWO more websites this year - though I'm not completely settled on the names - one will encourage marriages through seasons of workaholism, and one to engage, equip and inspire women in missionary care.
     I wrote for a county magazine called "Connections" (out of Barry County, MO) for the first 2 years it was in print. It was a very small town, and I was an outsider, so I used the pseudonym "Auntie Em" ... however, it was such a small town, that many knew who wrote it anyways... lol
     I have always loved photography, and studied it in college (but never graduated or settled on a major). It is a major part of my blogging now too, and my work as a VA/Photographer for DaySpring co-founder Roy Lessin at meetmeinthemeadow.com  

4 of my favorite things:
     Time with my husband, preferably within the sound of waves crashing on a shore, but anywhere will do!
     Time with friends and family, making memories with them!
     Discovering new places and people with my camera in hand!
     A long bath with a good book!

     
I look forward to getting to get to know YOU better, and hope you'll share some of your 4x4 Facts in the comments section below.

If you will be at Declare, I hope you'll come up and introduce yourself!! I'm horrible with names/faces... so PLEASE don't be offended if I can't recall if we met last year, or an hour ago (it's a serious side effect of anti-histamines I've been on for years). Forgive me?? I'm sure that by the end of the weekend we will all be laughing (and exhausted) and have had made some great memories!!