Monday, August 3, 2015

Happy Friendship Anniversary!

Yes. I'm making up a holiday, but it's one worth celebrating!

32 years ago today, after the Wednesday night Bible Study, I met this tall, towhead, surfing cowboy that loved Jesus.

I felt safe when I met him, like he would always protect me. It was as if I finally found my big brother (in the Lord) even though he was younger than me. 

He says it was love at first sight... I just felt so peaceful. I knew we would be friends forever. 

The next day he said he would marry me and we began pre-marital counseling. 

A few weeks later, he got on one knee and presented the ring with an official proposal of marriage. 

Six months and a day from the day we met, we were married!

Thank you to all of you that have prayed for us over the years. Marriage is hard work, and a good one requires constantly dying to self, and lots of forgiving. 


Thank you Mark Bromley for the first 32 years of friendship, and 31½ years of marriage. 

Thank You Jesus for the example of sacrificial love and equipping us to fight for our marriage commitment. 

"A happy marriage is the union of 2 good forgivers." - Unknown