Friday, October 2, 2015

Deposit Rest

I lay awake in the darkness of my room, thoroughly exhausted. Moments ago I was falling asleep on the couch. I’m obviously tired and capable of sleep. The distraction of the T.V. show was enough to allow me to disengage from the burdensome thoughts of our most current move, and the frustrations of house-hunting from 500 miles away.
Our fifth move in as many years, and I’m weary.
I recount the phone conversation from earlier, as my husband explained why the house he looked at wouldn’t work. Another house in disrepair, the photos online not representing the current status of the home.
The weight lays heavy on my chest and my mind, and I can’t seem to shake it.
How can I be so worn out, so exhausted, and not fall asleep?
(Join me over at Katie Reid's blog to read the rest of the post...and sign up for her 31 Days of Writing on The Restoration Project... it's FREE!)