Friday, February 19, 2016

Roots & Sky (a review)

I have been reading a lot this winter, and I'm grateful for it. I'm even MORE grateful to get to be a member of the Revell Reads review team!! They allow me to read books for free, simply for my honest review!

It's been a very long time since I read a book that took me in immediately and enveloped me in her world. Roots & Sky by Christie Purifoy is that book.

Not only did the story capture me (which, in itself, is real-life reflections), but the spiritual truths encouraged me right where I am, even though our age/stage are very different.

Her complete transparency of situations, emotions, even spiritual growth, enamored me to a point I couldn't put the book down. It was begging me to be read from my nightstand, and got me up early in the morning before my day began. So well written, such a comfortable voice to read, and a delightful story that begs to go on all captured my attention.

I hope she'll write more. I want to know how things turn out for her, her friendships and neighborhood relationships beckon to be told.

You can find Roots & Sky at Christian and online retail sites.