Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Proverbs for Fall

There have been times in my life that I've hungered for the lessons of Proverbs. 

Oh, there's been times I've rebelled against them too, but usually I see the logic and can rest in the wisdom of Solomon.

Life is crazy around the world, but the lessons of Proverbs don't change. No matter what the times, trends or culture say, these things hold true. 

Repetition is the best way to learn something, so I'm going to embark on the knowledge held within the pages of Proverbs from now until the end of the year. I've invited a few friends to join me in both reading and writing about whatever wisdom it is that they might find. 

So starting tomorrow, there will be words here at the Kitchen Table on Proverbs. Sometimes they may be mine, and sometimes they will be someone else's voice. I may agree or not agree, but I promise you that these people all love Jesus and are looking heavenward. They may be learning something that relates to you, or to your children, or your grandparents - for those I've invited are all in different ages and stages of life. Some posts will be short, some longer. Some may be a glimpse of a verse, some may be directed towards a whole chapter. Some days I may post 2 or 3 devotions, and some days we may be silent. No matter what is being said (or not said) we invite you to journey with us. Come along and read in Proverbs with us the next few months!

We start on September 1 and will go through the month of December, finishing out the year. I hope that you'll read along with us and share your comments here or on Facebook, at Marina's Kitchen Table