Friday, October 21, 2016

Meeting in the Meadow: Skilled (Proverbs 22)

Skilled

Do you see a man diligent and skillful in his business? He will stand before kings; Proverbs 22:29 AMP


The word diligent can mean skilled or ready. Diligent is another way of saying that it is important to be prepared. Abraham Lincoln said, “I will prepare myself and then my opportunity will come.” Leonard Ravenhill said, “The opportunity of a lifetime must be ceased in the lifetime of the opportunity.”

In Exodus we read, “Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; And He has filled him with the Spirit of God, with ability and wisdom, with intelligence and understanding, and with knowledge and all craftsmanship, To devise artistic designs, to work in gold, silver, and bronze, In cutting of stones for setting, and in carving of wood, for work in every skilled craft.” Exodus 35:30-

It is important that you do your work well, but it is also important to be growing in your work and in your skills. Don’t settle for “just getting by.” Continue to find ways to grow, to expand your learning, and to improve your skills.

Lord, thank you for the gifts and abilities you have given me. Thank you that I can serve you with my heart and my skills in the workplace. Show me new ways to learn and to grow. Keep me fresh and ever growing. I want to always be in a place of readiness and willingness to serve and honor you.

©2016 Roy Lessin, used with permission. Originally posted 10/2008. Photo by Marina Bromley. Any requests to re-print may be directed to MeadowRequests@gmail.com