Monday, November 7, 2016

Meeting in the Meadow: The Work of My Hands

The Work of my Hands
By Roy Lessin

And let the beauty and delightfulness and favor of the Lord our God be upon us; confirm and establish the work of our hands—yes, the work of our hands, confirm and establish it. Psalm 90:17 AMPC

It’s a wonderful thing to know that God’s favor and blessing can be upon the work we are doing. Sometimes we can mistakenly think that God only cares about the work of the pastors, youth leaders, choir members, and missionaries, but doesn’t care about us and what we do.

It is easy to think that a job in the workplace is secular work and a job in the church is Christian work. If God has provided you with a job in the workplace He wants to bless you in the workplace. All honorable work that is done unto the Lord can glorify Him and accomplish His purpose.


He wants to bless the work of your hands. He wants to bless your employer through the work you do, He wants to bless others through the work of your hands, and He wants to bless you. He wants to bless you with success, with an income, with productivity, and with favor.

Lord, thank you for my job and for allowing me to be in the workplace. Thank you that this is your appointed place for me at this time. Thank you that you care about me and what I do. I am so glad to know that I can have your blessing upon my life and upon what I do. Bless the work of my hands today. Bless the company I work for and make them successful. I thank you for the income that I am receiving through this work and that I can use it to meet my needs and bless others. Continue to bless me and grant me your favor.

©2016 Roy Lessin, Meeting in the Meadow. Originally posted in 2008 at Meet Me in the Meadow. For reprint information, please email meadowrequests@gmail.com