Thursday, January 5, 2017

15 Little Photos: Snow Day

15 Little Photos: Snow Day
Marina Bromley

I haven't done a "10 Little Photos" post in a LONG time. Today had to be the day! I couldn't cut it back to just 10, so here's a few extras too!

I first noticed the snow as I sat inside the local warm bakery with a friend. She and I had already been there long enough to outlast the lunch rush, so I didn't feel bad about remaining in our booth, dishes cleared, praying for our kids and marriages and talking about warmer places, like the beach.

I noticed someone at another table craning their head to see out the window... the window I sat right in front of, oblivious to the snow coming down in heavy droves. I was a little worried about driving home in it, but it wasn't too bad once I got outside and saw that it was SO cold, it was fluffy and light, not slushy and slick.

There wasn't any layer of ice below, though it was all sticking to the grassy areas and the roads that were not heavily driven.

Once I got home, I was mesmerized by the actual snowflakes you could see. Usually it's just a clump of snow, but this was beautiful.



I love how snow can transform our whole neighborhood into a winter wonderland!






I parked my car in the garage, got the mail and the trashcan, and felt certain that the bird feeders were getting heavily hit out back.

I was right.




A few more photos from inside, and I was ready to see what I'd captured today. It's not often that it snows here, and it's not often that it snows like THIS.









I've been sitting in front of the computer for a little bit now, playing with them. As usual, I'm horrible about keeping secrets, so I wanted to share them with you right away!








I pray you're safe and warm, and able to enjoy the weather no matter what it looks like where you are...

And I pray that you'll take the time to enjoy little nuggets of nature that God has given you to enjoy! It would have been so easy for me to have rushed in and not taken notice, but I know that it brings ME joy to "stop and smell the roses" (even when they are snowflakes and not flowers), and it brings HIM joy for me to take notice! It's for MY benefit that He created these things. He has created this day! I'm delighting in it!!