Thursday, June 15, 2017

The New Normal

Not having internet available regularly has put a crimp in my style... it's also been really freeing, since I don't have internet. Duh.

I spend very little time even on my computer, using my phone (and unlimited data) to do most of my social media updates (follow me on Facebook at Marina's Kitchen Table). I'm posting there a lot. I've actually found a way to go from my BIG camera to my phone (via wireless internet on the phone!), then using PicMonkey Mobile I can edit my photos and add a watermark or copyright, and post them to my Facebook! I haven't figured out how to post from my phone here, so that will be the next thing I investigate. The Google phone apps take up so much memory, that it may not be an option... but I'll check it out.

I'm also able to post words to Meeting in the Meadow and the Team Expansion Prayer Force Blog on Facebook, if you're interested in following either of those. I am not yet putting photos up on either of those sites. I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage that or not, since I can't access ALL of my photos on my phone, just what I take now.

I thought that I'd share some of my recent photos here, since I'm able to (right now... this may change by the time I actually go to put them on here... but I'll try!).

Here are a few of the work that's been going on around here...

I recently painted the back door the same color as the front door... which is just a little brighter than the actual garage door ...

The south side of the back deck... 


The front door, which I painted and added a rice paper finish to give us some privacy on the window on the right.
I painted the garage doors (a bit darker than the front/back door), and Mark hung our compass. 

 And some shots from around the house...





Blossoms from my Meyer Lemon tree (planted in a pot with a Key Lime!). 

My first Key Lime!











The front porch area...



Pretty much every sunset looks like this right now. Sometimes there are clouds that make a delightful design in the sky, but because of the trees, I can't see much of the sky once the sun goes low. The lake reflects the sunlight, the colors of the sky, but again, there are only little patches of it between the trees. Still, it's enough to get us to exhale, breathe a little deeper, and praise God for our season here.

There's still a lot to do here to make it FEEL like home, but for now, this IS home, and that feels good. Mark has also set up one of our bird feeder stands, and the local birds are getting used to visiting one of the 4 feeders hanging from it. There is a wide variety of birds in the area, but mostly I've seen finches and tufted titmouse at the feeders here. The bald eagles have already migrated north, and although I hear a pilliated woodpecker in the area, I have yet to see him. It's only been a week, so I'll give them some time. Plus, I'm sure the woods around us, and the large bug population, are helping them fill their tummies now. There are some lovely birds down by the lake too, but I don't expect them to come up the hill to our houses for seeds. There's so much to learn in my new normal.

I'll post here when I can manage a strong enough signal to post, but remember, if you want to see my more frequent postings, or the other pages I manage, please catch us on Facebook! They are updated more often there than here!